(CROSTATA CAKE BY MATILDE USING GRAMMA ELENA'S RECIPE)
250g butter (room temperature)
Pinch of Salt
1 lemon, zested
3 eggs (1 egg and 2 yolks)
250g apricot jam (homemade)
1 tsp. Whisky
1. Mix first 6 ingredients with electric mixer, add eggs & mix until dough forms a ball.
2. Wrap ball in saran wrap & chill for at least 2 hours.
3. After chilled, set aside ¼ of the dough.
4. Roll the dough out on a floured surface ½” to fit the shape of the pan.
5. Line a 9” springform pan with parchment paper.
6. Press dough into pan & press up the sides of the pan 1”high.
7. Mix jam & whiskey together in a small bowl.
8. Spread jam mixture evenly over crust
9. Roll out remaining dough & shape into strips or shapes with a cookie cutter to adorn the top of the crostata.
10. Bake at 380 degrees for 40 -45 minutes. Crust should be light brown.
Leave a Reply.
Our favourite recipes from La Bella Tavola